Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Ode to the Burger and A Plea to Justin Timberlake

Well piglets I think it's time to get personal. Something you must know about me is that there is one thing I can never EVER say no to... a cheeseburger. There is nothing better than a hunk of juicy beef, covered in melted cheese, topped with crisp lettuce, and smothered in ketchup with a hint of mustard and mayo. *wipes drool* I could live off of burgers for the rest of my life, which would probably lead to morbid obesity and constantly smelling like a Five Guys but I'd do it. I would. Happily. And I'm sure there are a few of you out there who would join me. It's cool we'll get jackets or something. Anyways I plan on eventually reviewing some of my favorite places to get a good burger but this whole school thing is really putting a hitch in my professional blogger life. In the meantime I'm going to give you a few of my favorite variations of the burger for you guys to try at your favorite place! Also PLEASE comment your favorite burger and where to get it so I can continue eat food and write about it!


Blue Cheese + Bacon+ Chipotle Mayo
The blue cheese is a must because its a strong flavor but is still complimentary to the meat. The bacon is key because it's bacon and that's all I have to say about that. And the final touch is the chipotle mayo, which depending on how strong it is, gives the burg the right amount of heat but doesn't require a glass of milk. Dutches does this rendition nicely.


Pastrami + Blue Cheese
The blue cheese is a given and you would think the pastrami would give the burger some like super weird flavor but it doesn't. If you are a salt person you would like this.


Apple + Prosciutto
Adding apple or pear to a burger gives it a crisp and slightly sweet flavor that counter balances the meaty taste of the beef and the saltiness of the prosciutto perfectly. It truly is the yin and yang of food.


Blue Cheese 


Apple! oh this looks good..
Pastrami




My next bit of beef comes with Justin Timberlake. Now don't get me wrong, he is totally bringing sexy back, but not with his acting. His nasally, obnoxious, over the top facial expressions which we have all been forced to sit through this year with Bad Teacher to Friends With Benefits MUST stop. So here I am, virtually looking Justin straight in the eye and pleading: Please stop trying to act. Alpha Dog wasn't even that great. Please just let Jessica Biel handle it and go back to singing about the girls that got away.. like Cameron Diaz. in yo face JT!


Good Justin

Decent.. namely because he had his shirt off a lot

Bad Teacher... Bad Acting


.....please no more....

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I know this is a little late after the post but.. You gotta try Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim. Check out their website. They make SICK burgers. Their signature burger the 50/50 is 50% ground beef and 50% ground BACON!! that's right you heard it here, there is bacon ground up in the burger. They also make an insane marshmallow milkshake. So go. NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me Pigs!